“‘Whereof we cannot speak,’ says the great philosopher Wittgenstein, ‘we must be silent.’ But it is also true that, whereof we cannot speak, we dream, or tell stories.”
“Events become meaningful as they become — at some amazing turn — stories, just as notes become meaningful, retrospectively, in a melody. The moral, like the melody, is open to interpretation.”
Writing is cathartic, so it always comes out darker than how I’m actually feeling. It delivers me into the possibility of another story, another life. My next chapter. The storytelling helps me search for meaning within the history, within the otherwise sad events that hopefully lead to clarity and growth.
Over and over again, my anthem to get beyond all this:
By redefining the morning,
we find a morning that comes just after darkness.
By insisting on love we spoil it, get beyond
affection and wade mouth-deep into love.
Love is not
enough. We die and are put into the earth forever.
We should insist while there is still time.
🎶 dooo bee doo, jams of the moment:
- You’ll Lose a Good Thing – Denise LaSalle
- Trapped By a Thing Called Love – Denise LaSalle (cheers, POTUS!)
- In Your Arms – Chef’special
- Jealous – Labrinth
- Good Love Is On The Way – John Mayer Trio
- Heartless – Kanye West
- New Day – 50 Cent, Dr. Dre, Alicia Keys
- I’m Gonna Find Another You – John Mayer
- Better – The Suffers
- Say You Love Me – Jessie Ware
- Let Me Down Easy – Max Frost
- Valerie (BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge version) – Amy Winehouse
- Send My Love (To Your New Lover) and like, anything else by Adele. Sorry not sorry.