Hi, I’m Rose. I’m from Texas.
I live in New York City. I take photos. I write. I collect personal thoughts here.
This place is for my notes on photography, poetry, prose, food, travel, technology, love, heartbreak, discoveries, movement, and other rose-like things. I focus here on exploring the uncertainty of growing up while at the same time trying to live with bravery and fire.
Most of all, I believe in adventure, observation, and all expression via technology, movement, words, and art.
When I first starting writing complete sentences in English, my mother gifted me a cardboard box filled with pink plastic-covered diaries to write in. A year later, she asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I answered, “an Arthur.”
Please note that I did not mean the cartoon anthropomorphic aardvark, I was just not very good at pronouncing English words correctly. Ever since that day, I’ve kept a journal and I write almost every day. When I was a teenager I designed and coded websites using Notepad and I’ve kept some form of blog since 1999.
- I work at TED. My professional qualifications live on LinkedIn.
- I love to travel. I made a map of everywhere I’ve been!
- I occasionally post photography on rosekuo.org | Flickr | Tumblr | Instagram.
- I not-so-secretly make note of hilarious or touching things on Twitter.
- I teach Argentine tango.
- I write about food and other indulgences on Yelp.
- I collect wildly sprawling and eclectic music playlists on Spotify.
- If you’d like to trade thoughts on life, love, food, or anthropomorphic animals, please email me. Or subscribe to my tiny letters and we can be penpals.
I would love to hear from you.