oh good morning!
i keep a gratitude journal, and it’s separate from my main daily journal (which i lovingly call “The Main Squeeze” on my journaling app, so that i don’t get confused).
i don’t post in the gratitude journal as often as i’d like to, but here are some real entries (from the past 3 weeks) for things i’m grateful for!
- waking up early to do yoga on the rooftop, facing you.
- r. telling me “hey rose, your ‘sad state’ is better than most people’s normal state :)”
- met matt damon in my dreams last night, what?
- the feeling when i’ve slept with my hair wet and i let it down in the morning and the curls fall everywhere around my face, like pillowy clouds
- c. telling me that i’m his “sriracha soulmate”
s. sending me the menu of osteria francescana, which has lovely watercolors and now i am dreaming of going to italy one day and eating there and meeting massimo
- changed my work chat dock icon to a dancing Hobbes and it changed my life
- when doorman exclaims as i go downstairs on my way to work after rolling out of bed and throwing random clothes on at 8 in the morning: “you look so incredibly beautiful! tell me what your secret is! you don’t even wear makeup!” me blushing and shaking my head.
- the possible rain, the certainty that it will pass
- the man playing the accordion on the subway platform that brought tears to my eyes
- the 25 cent vending machine at work
- mom and dad practicing juggling for exercise
- t. telling me after reading my blog posts, and me being self-conscious of their recent length & subject: “they always seem too short, when you are the one writing.”
- the wild chase for the m&m statue!
- dairy substitutes
- watching the galway girl scene over and over
- my amazing, imperfect knees that still work after everything they’ve been through
have an incredible, gratitude-filled day.