Currently sleepless, and not to dog on your hot dog, man, but I still can’t believe the incredible people that surround me in this life.
Our neighbors were grilling their frozen grey-hued meat patties and hot dogs while asking him, “Are you a chef?!” He grinned, looked at what they were “cooking,” and lied. “Well, of course I am.”
Meanwhile, I clamber atop countertops to document.
– fresh grilled squid
– duck hearts
– avocado drizzled in olive oil
– grilled zucchini
– red cabbage
– homemade pico de gallo
– Cholula and Tajin (what’s up, Mexico!)
– grilled onions
– mango salsa
– grilled Romaine hearts with ricotta, peas, and mint
– esquites/elote (corn on the cob with mayo, cotija, Tajin, and whatever other spicy shit I had in reach)
– copious amounts of great wine
– the sunset, baby. the skyline. and you.