clients and coworkers awoke from holiday hibernation and are emailing me all at once today.
but I’ll leave you with some finds:
– revisited Bembe this weekend. went with Annie in August of 2010 for one of the best nights of dancing, and yeah, it’s still just as good and crowded and sweaty.
– all the items in Beyonce’s 7/11 video are from Bushwick (the search was prompted by my tweet today)
– in case you want to read Joan Didion’s essay about leaving New York City that I mentioned in this post, you can find a full text here.
– not gonna lie, molly yeh’s wedding post that just makes you want to hug her so hard.
– a friend shared an article with me about Louis CK’s lesson about getting things done at work:
…the moment when you panic — means you’re about to figure it out. That means you let go to what you know and you’re about to grab onto a new thing that you didn’t know yet.
“We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.”
― T.S. Eliot, Four Quartets
I was asked to put together a reggae playlist for a party, and kind of thought Antenna was an interesting remix
On repeat right now:
– John Legend- The Beginning… (mostly for the first 11 seconds of the song)
– Thao- When We Swam (mostly for the “open your hips to me” part)
– Drake- 0 To 100/The Catch Up
– Emeli Sandé- Clown (mostly because i need to clear the way for my inevitable “crash landing”)
– Trampled by Turtles- Alone (mostly for the banjo picking, and for what happens at 2:55ish)
– yeah, and Sam Smith every day.