Repost from Matt Mullenweg:
- Understand what people need.
- Address the whole experience, from start to finish.
- Make it simple and intuitive.
- Build the service using agile and iterative practices.
- Structure budgets and contracts to support delivery.
- Assign one leader and hold that person accountable.
- Bring in experienced teams.
- Choose a modern technology stack.
- Deploy in a flexible hosting environment.
- Automate testing and deployments.
- Manage security and privacy through reusable processes.
- Use data to drive decisions.
- Default to open.
That sounds like a list anyone creating something online should follow. Would you guess it’s actually from the US government Digital Services Playbook?