– spontaneity may breed a bit of carelessness (read: no cutting utensils, no sleeping pads, lack of matches?) but it sure does allow for creativity (read: bite your potatoes in pieces and spit them back out into foil, son)
– with a bit of patience, some ingredients thrown in foil cooked over a fire can be damn good. especially after a whopping party bag of chex mix for appetizer
– waterfall treks are always worth it
– give thanks for the sunlight. give thanks for the sunlight. give thanks for the sunlight.
– cold builds character. i’m still waiting for my character to build, but there you have it.
– the beginning of spring can look a lot like autumn
– look at the bareness of trees in a different light- the lack of foliage gives way to the sun streaming through
– with most uphills, there will be a downhill. take your time.